Despite our initial plan, we had to introduce a new milestone release before reaching our first release candidate version. This is due to several important features that we needed to publish before the RC in order to have enough time for community feed-back, before freezing the API. Our goal now is to fix all pending bugs before releasing 1.1 RC1.
- Added a Restlet-GWT module which is a port of the Restlet API to the Google Web Toolkit 1.5 RC2 AJAX platform.
- Greatly enhanced the WADL extension which is now capable of dynamically exposing a REST API as either a WADL XML document or as an HTML document, just based on application resources. Sponsored by NetDev Ltd.
- Greatly improved the SSL support at the connectors level and by adding a new “com.noelios.restlet.ext.ssl” extension integrating with the jSSLutils library from Bruno Harbulot.
- Fixed twelve bugs across the product.
- Important Context usage changes made for security reasons. See this FAQ entry to resolve any severe log messages that may appear in your existing applications.
- Added a TaskService to execute synchronous or asynchronous tasks using a thread pool automatically managed by the application.
- Added a RangeService and an org.restlet.data.Range class as well as several properties to start supporting partial GETs and resumable PUTs. See specifications in our wiki.
- Numerous improvements on the Restlet API.
- Alex Milowski
- Bruno Dumon
- Bruno Harbulot
- Evan Worley
- Hendy Irawan
- James Maki
- Jim Alateras
- Kevin Conaway
- Leigh Klotz
- Loic Mathieu
- Patrick Logan
- Ralf Bommersbach
- Rob Heittman
- Sanjay Acharya
- Stephan Koops
- Tim Peierls