It’s been about two weeks since 1.1 M5 was released and we have already made tremendous progress. We are happy to release 1.1 RC1. Most serious bugs were fixed (more than 10) and all pending features where completed.
Here is a summary of main changes:
- Chunked encoding issues in Grizzly and internal connectors were all fixed. Extensive tests with large entities done (size of 30 Mb).
- Grizzly was updated to version 1.8.4 and has reached a much more stable state. It gives unparalleled performance for serving static files thanks to direct NIO transfer from file to socket!
- Performance of internal HTTP connectors was vastly improved, coming close to other connectors in term of throughput for large entities (scalability not tested). It is the easiest choice for development purpose.
- Significant improvements and stabilization made for the WADL extension.
- Major refactoring of logging to have more consistency and a better organization for logger names. Updated the logging documentation on the wiki to facilitate usage. Added a TraceHandler to display the logger names of all log records in the console to simplify configuration, especially for third party libraries.
- Completed support for partial GETs and partial PUTs in the FILE client connector.
- Completed support for representation digests (MD5 and more).
- Avi Flax
- Benoit Maujean
- Brad Peabody
- Bruno Dumon
- Bruno Harbulot
- Chris Winters
- François Renard
- Guillaume Chatelet
- Kevin Conaway
- Mike Brzozowski
- Niptin Gupta
- Rhett Sutphin
- Rob Heittman
- Ralf Bommersbach
- Vincent Ricard
- Zsolt Czinkos
http://maven.restlet.org is updated on the 1st and 15th of each month
http://maven.noelios.com is updated daily with new artifacts (access reserved to subscribers)