Jérôme Louvel interviews RAML creator Uri Sarid for InfoQ and talks about the API industry, governance, technology and acquisitions.
Kirsten Hunter is writing a book called Irresistible APIs, and you can follow the book progress with Manning’s Early Access Program. And if you’re interested, you can use the code “mlhunter” to get a discount (valid till Saturday)!
Hypermedia is a hot topic!
- Arnaud Lauret dives into the topic of data, hypermedia and documentation.
- Olivier Hervieu explains how your API could benefit from hypermedia.
- Jan Schütze gives an overview of JSON hypermedia link formats contrasting the different available approaches.
- Sébastien Cevey from the Guardian gave a presentation at APIDays Berlin about Hypermedia, APIs of the Web.
- Laura Heritage of Akana recently presented a webinar about making sense of hypermedia APIs, hype or reality, and shared the slides online.
Nicolas Grenié of 3scale shared a presentation on APIs as a growth tool.
Runscope now features Swagger, Postman collection and HAR files import, allowing API developers to quickly load their APIs in Runscope to easily test and monitor them.
As we’re mentioning Swagger, at APIDays Berlin, David Garry presented about extending Swagger for virtual, diagnostic-rich APIs.
Spotify open sourced their Python tool called RAMLfications to parse RAML descriptors.
Dropbox revamped their OAuth guide with some clear diagrams describing the OAuth process.
Dmitry Pokidov writes about Spring Data Rest and projections.
There’s a new version, v0.4.0, of the Swagger to markup project.
Décio Sousa brings in the REST API evolution, always a tricky topic. Bill Doerrfeld covers the history of major public API retirement on Nordic APIs’ blog. And following-up its glimpse into its v2 API, DropBox announces deprecation of its Sync and Datastore APIs.
Bill Appleton published the fourth part of his series on the fact that REST APIs are not enough for enteprise mobile application integration.
Motwin, the creators of StreamData.io, explain their choice of using Server-Sent Events of WebSockets for streaming APIs.